Saturday, October 27, 2012

DIY Fabric Softener!

It's been a little while...I was in a wedding this past weekend so it's been nuts around here! I hope everyone has had a great few weeks! I decided this week to make homemade fabric softener. It was super easy and it cost me maybe 4 bucks to make! It was enough to fill a huge container of regular fabric softener. 


I got this recipe from Frugal Girls. This is also a place where I get coupons and other deals. The recipe is as follows:

6 cups HOT water (it needs to be hot to dissolve the conditioner. I just kept my faucet on for a bit and it was hot enough)
3 cups white vinegar
2 cups Suave conditioner (I used the green apple one)

Take the conditioner and put it in the hot water. Mix together until it is completely dissolved. Add the vinegar and mix together. And you're done! I saved an old fabric softener container and put the softener in there. So much cheaper than the other stuff and it works just as well!!

Stay classy :)

1 comment:

  1. This is such a good idea! We just ran out of fabric softener too, so this will save $$.

    ReplyDelete